Monday, February 7, 2011

Send Me On My Way

Hey all,

In case someone has missed something, I am finally doing what I have always wanted - Studying Abroad. Specifically in Scotland. If we want to get down to more specifics, the University of Stirling in Stirling, Scotland. Whew. I can't believe it is actually happening! I am so excited, yet so nervous at the same time!

So I am all ready and packed for Scotland. I leave tomorrow. I have my suitcase the size of a boar, my roll-away, and my shoulder bag awaiting downstairs, while I try to calm my nerves, hoping I haven't forgotten anything . All have their IFSA-Butler approved red ribbon to identify myself as a desperately lost and confused foreigner, in hopes that another desperately lost and confused foreigner will find me. One can dream.

In case you were wondering about my travel arraignments, here it is -
-At noon, my flight will leave from O'Hare International Airport for a two and a half hour flight that will get me to Newark at 3:30 PM
-I have about four hours to frantically find my way to the terminal where my flight to Scotland will be waiting! Hope I can find it....
-Then, at 7:30 PM, I will fly the 3,268 miles it is from New Jersey to Edinburgh with a plane full of other travelers.
-I will be arriving a day later, at 7:30 AM. From there, I will gather my luggage and hope to God that there is someone from IFSA-Butler to herd the other Stirling students and myself to the hotel where we will be staying for a few days to do Orientation stuff.

Well, don't know about you guys, but typing that out has sure helped me!

On a side note - Though I do now have this blog, I am absolutely horrendous at keeping things like this going. So, though I do hope to keep it updated, it will be more of a, whenever I remember to actually update, deal. Hopefully I can get to it once a week. But it might be more like once every two weeks. We shall see how it goes.

Until next time, folks!

1 comment: